Step, STAND, Salute
October 17 @ 3:00 pm - October 20 @ 1:00 pm
Featuring the Tunnel to Towers Exhibit
Watseka First Trust Parking Lot, Rt 24, Watseka
The Tunnel to Tower Exhibit is a tribute to those that lost their lives on September 11, 2001. The high tech, 53-ft. tractor trailer transforms into a 1000 sq. ft exhibit and helps to further educate citizens around the country about the events of that tragic day. The exhibit includes interactive education, documentary videos and recordings of the first responder radio transmissions and interactive guided tours from FDNY heroes. This is an opportunity for Iroquois County to showcase history.
- Join us as we bring the Tunnel to Towers Exhibit in on Rt 24 from the East at 3:00 p.m.
- The Tunnel to Towers Exhibit is open to area schools from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The Tunnel to Towers Exhibit opens at 9 a.m. Vendor Booths open at 8:00 a.m.
- Children’s Costume/Pet Parade registration at 4 p.m. judging at 4:30 p.m.
- WACC Trunk or Treat begins on Cherry Street from 5-6 p.m.
- Tunnel to Towers Exhibit closes at 6 p.m.
- Masonic Lodge free will donation breakfast at 9:00 a.m. at the park district
- Non-denominational church service at 10:00 a.m. at the First Trust parking lot
- Honoring of local Fire/Police/EMS by the Republican Women’s Organization
- Closing ceremony for the Tunnel to Towers Exhibit at 1:00 p.m
Join us in thanking our volunteers and donors for making this family event successful.
Honor Level: City of Watseka
Reflection Level: First Trust and Savings Bank Iroquois Federal Riverside Orthopedic Specialists
Support Level: Cissna Park Fire Department Heritage Woods of Watseka Watseka Area Firefighters Association Watseka Elks #1791